These days the cases of waterborne diseases are very high so we need to take extra care while drinking water at home or outside. The main cause of such diseases is consumption of contaminated water. Such water can damage your overall well-being and expose you to probable health conditions. So, whatever be the source of obtaining water just make sure that you get purified water for final consumption.
So next time you pour from your Water Dispenser, make sure what you are drinking.
Be alert and pay attention to some of the deadly waterborne diseases which can play a havoc in your life.
- Cholera:- It is a disease of the small intestine and caused by water contaminated with bacteria. Its symptoms include headache, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and vomiting. It can also be caused by consuming fruits and vegetables irrigated with contaminated water. So eat wisely cleaned food items.
- Malaria:- it is caused by female anopheles mosquito which is a parasite that breeds in polluted water. Its symptoms are fever, shivering and headache. In worst scenario it can lead to pneumonia, coma, severe anemia and even death. So keep your surroundings clean and hygienic.
- Hepatitis A:- It is an infectious diseases which can spread through direct contact with the infected person or by consuming unclean food and water. It affects the liver and may cause fever, abdominal pain, jaundice, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea and depression. Be very careful and drink water which is safe and free from contaminants.
- Diarrhoea:- it is the most common disease which can occur due to drinking of impure water. It can be caused by waterborne virus, bacteria and other parasites. Hence, it is advisable to drink water which is treated and purified by a certified water purifier.
- Typhoid:- it is yet another diseases caused by consuming contaminated water and food. This fever is accompanied with nausea, headache and loss of appetite. It is caused by bacteria present in impure water.
These are some of the most common deadly waterborne diseases. Apart from these there are many others too. Waterborne diseases are posing a major threat to global human health. These are caused by virus, bacteria and protozoa. The lack of hygiene and non-availability of clean drinking water is leading to the most serious health hazards. Globally, waterborne diseases are becoming one of the many primary reasons of deaths today. Water pollution is deteriorating the quality of land water as well as seawater and as a result waterborne illness is becoming an important issue of concern. Although waterborne diseases are the deadliest but it is not the water that causes harm. It is the contamination of water due to the growth of micro-organisms which are the main culprits. So, it becomes all the more essential to take all the possible measures to save water from being contaminated by microbes. Be careful about the quality of water you drink. Keep bottles clean and dry in which water is stored. Always drink pure water. After all your safety is your concern.